Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Very very grateful

Sometimes I wonder why there is so much complacency about so much (please tell me I'm wrong here and there isn't as much as I think). And when things are going wrong, outrageously wrong, the vast majority of people who actually have a stake so often keep quiet- watching their rights being whittled away, or the rights of others.

Why?

Maybe it's because there is a lack of confidence in what we have that is good. We just don't talk about it enough. We only know how to complain.

But a strong sense of activism comes not only or even primarily from outrage, but from a passionate sense of what is good and right, what is too be desired and also protected.

So I thought I'd try to write about things for which I am grateful. Little things and big ones.

And if being grateful makes you happier - as I've read and believe - well that is a real added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment